1.3 lb Outdoor Hatchet - Biber Classic by Mueller
Forged at the Himmelberger Zeughammerwerk in Austria since 1675, this premium hatchet won't let you down. The hatchet has a razor sharp edge and is compact enough to be easily packed yet capable of handling almost any task you require. Blaze a trail, build a camp, chop firewood, split kindling or fillet a fish. The hatchet has a 1.3 lb head, a 3" wide face and a 15" Hickory handle. Overall weight is 1 lb 15 oz. Made in Austria.
Click here for the original Hickory Replacement Handle
Click here to see all our Mueller Axes and Hatchets
Click here to see all our Axes and Hatchets
Since 1675, in a small Austrian village close to the Alps, the skilled blacksmiths of family owned Leonhard Mueller & Soehne have been hand forging premium quality axes and forestry tools at the forge known as Himmelberger Zeughammerwerk. The traditions and skills working with high grade steel for more than 300 years guarantee tools of unrivalled quality. Each axe is a masterpiece purely hand forged from a single piece of steel by skilled craftsmen. We are proud to be the exclusive North American distributor of the entire Mueller line. Mueller's absolute finest axes are sold under the brand name "Biber Classic". Forged, hardened and tempered by only the most experienced blacksmiths, these axes incorporate the following special features:
- A perfectly forged and tempered axe head left in its natural condition free from paint.
- A razor sharp edge (with a slight convex bevel to avoid early blunting) honed over a watercooled sharpening stone.
- Premium grade hickory handles, lightly waxed, and safety wedged to the axe head.
- Each axe includes an edge guard for edge protection.
- A 20 year warranty against manufacturing defects.