These are quality bits made to exacting standards in Japan. Self feeding bits feature a replaceable lead screw that feeds the bit into the work piece at a consistent rate. Excellent choice when you need to drill big holes free-hand as the lead screw prevents the bit from wandering. Do not use these bits in a drill press. Overall length for the 2 9/16" bit is 4 5/8" with a 7/16" hex shank. Several quality features set these bits apart from the rest:
Made in Japan
- Teeth have a wider cutting surface for stability and truer holes.
- Chamfered back edge for easier extraction of the bit from the work.
- Lead screw has burr-free threads for a consistent feed rate.
- Absolutely straight shaft for superior concentricity and zero wobble.
- Quick-change shank for fast and secure change-out.
- Machined from properly heat treated and hardened high carbon steel for extended durability.
Tenon Cutters - Our Full Selection.
View Traditional Woodworkers Entire Selection of Self Feeding Drill Bits.