3lb Felling Axe - Biber Classic by Mueller
Forged at the Himmelberger Zeughammerwerk in Austria for more than 300 years, this is a great axe for felling and limbing. The longer handle and extra head weight provide for a powerful swing. The thin and razor sharp blade allows for deep penetration with each cut and the extra wide face improves the odds for hitting the mark. The axe has a 3 lb head, a 5-1/2" wide face, a 31" Hickory handle and an overall weight of about 4-3/4 lb. Click on the additional picture button for a full length view of the axe.
Click here to see all our Mueller Axes and Hatchets
Click here to see all our Axes and Hatchets
To learn about axes and their use, Click here for the Ax Book
Since 1675, in a small Austrian village close to the Alps, the skilled blacksmiths of family owned Leonhard Mueller & Soehne have been hand forging premium quality axes and forestry tools at the forge known as Himmelberger Zeughammerwerk. The traditions and skills working with high grade steel for more than 300 years guarantee tools of unrivalled quality. Each axe is a masterpiece purely hand forged from a single piece of steel by skilled craftsmen. We are proud to be the exclusive North American distributor of the entire Mueller line. Mueller's absolute finest axes are sold under the brand name "Biber Classic". Forged, hardened and tempered by only the most experienced blacksmiths, these axes incorporate the following special features:
- A perfectly forged and tempered axe head left in its natural condition free from paint.
- A razor sharp edge (with a slight convex bevel to avoid early blunting) honed over a watercooled sharpening stone.
- Premium grade hickory handles, lightly waxed, and safety wedged to the axe head.
- Each axe includes an edge guard for edge protection.
- A 20 year warranty against manufacturing defects.