This Chisel Carving Kit by Foredom includes the following Components:
1. Series LX Motor: These permanent magnet motors are specifically designed for high torque/low speed applications. The ball bearing motor features full power and torque from start up and throughout the entire speed range up to 5,000 rpm. It is ideal for use with the reciprocating chisel handpiece.
2. The motor comes equipped with a motor bale for hanging, and our standard 39" long key tip inner shaft and special/more flexible neoprene outer protective sheath for connecting to any of Foredom’s 20+ “interchangeable” handpieces.
3. C.EMX Speed Control: This table top speed control is constructed of heavy duty plastic with durable solid state electronics. It has a dial control for precise speed settings, as well as good repeatability of previous settings. The C.EMX-1 has special electronics that converts AC current from an electrical outlet to DC current- the type required by the motor. It also has a special plug that fits the motor's shielded plug.
4. H.50 Chisel Handpiece: Foredom's chisel handpiece gives a power assist to carving projects in all types of wood, plastic, and plaster. This handpiece has a contoured body design that features a rugged plastic barrel and tapered aluminum ends. The easy to maintain chisel handpiece is recommended for use at low speed with Series TX and LX motors. Handpiece attaches to any flex shaft machine with a standard key tip shaft.
- The Chisel Handpiece must be used only in the forward motor direction.
- Optimum Speed Range- 3,000-10,000 rpm.
- Max. Operating Speed- 18,000 rpm.
- Handpiece specifications: 6" long, 1" in diameter, weight: 4.6 oz.
Maintenance: After every 200 hours of use you should clean and lubricate this handpiece. The old grease must be cleaned off of the interior cam chamber and replaced with new lubricant.
5. A total of 17 Foredom quality , pre-sharpened steel chisels.
6. Flexible shaft grease and Accessory tray.
All components are made in USA.
The Manufacturer's Limited Warranty is as follows: 2 Years on the Motor and Speed Control, 90 Days on the Handpiece and NO Warranty on the flexible shaft and sheath.