This set of 12 Micro Carving tools by Henry Taylor has been designed by Jeremy Williams based on his many years of successful carving experience. The presentation box seen in the picture is no longer available. Instead, the tools will come individually packed. The tools have several unique features:
The unique design of these tools promotes exceptional cutting accuracy which makes them an ideal choice for fine finishing work, for applying texture or for grounding - an essential aspect for all relief carving.
- Easy grip handle for better control.
- Curved blades to ensure optimum point of contact between cutting bevels and surface of wood. Essential requirement when texture cutting.
- Set includes a specially designed Lozenge smoothing tool used with an orbital slicing action to smooth areas of difficult grain or wood that has been distressed by rasps, rifflers, cutter burrs or coarse abrasives.
The Set includes the following:
- 3mm Straight Chisel
- 2mm Skew Chisel
- 3mm Shallow Gouge - Sweep #4
- 5mm Grounding Tool - Sweep #4
- 2.5mm Shallow Gouge - Sweep #5
- 2mm Medium Gouge - Sweep #6
- 3mm Medium Gouge - Sweep #7
- 2mm Deep Gouge - Sweep #8
- 4mm Deep Gouge - Sweep #9
- 1.5mm Veiner - Sweep #11
- 1.5mm 60 Degree V-Parting Tool
- 5mm Lozenge Smoothing Tool
The tools will arrive professionally honed and ready for immediate use. Overall tool length 7 1/2". Crafted in Sheffield, England by Henry Taylor.
View Traditional Woodworker's Entire Selection of Carving Tools.
Henry Taylor Tools of Sheffield, England
Henry Taylor has been producing the finest woodcarving tools since 1834 under the Acorn brand name. The company is a strong believer that only the individual attention coming from skilled craftsmen using traditional hand forging methods can produce edge tools with the correct shapes and with the best metallurgical qualities. If cared for properly, these tools will last a life time.