This is the replacement blade for the Kataba Z-Saw (Precision Rip-Cut) - Professional Grade. This is an excellent blade for precision cuts with the grain in both soft and hard woods. The rip teeth are smaller at the heel for an easy start and gets progressively larger towards the toe to allow for fast ripping. This blade has the following key specifications:
Z-Saw Brand. Made in Japan.
- 10" Length of Blade
- 11 Teeth Per Inch at the Heel Progressing to 7 Teeth Per Inch at the Toe
- 0.020" Blade Thickness
- 0.028" Kerf
Click her to view our entire selection of Japanese Saws.
Z-Saw - Professional Grade Japanese Saws
Within the category of Japanese saws with replaceable blades, the Z-Saw brand has been widely accepted by Japanese professional woodworkers and carpenters as the finest hand saws available. The following four main factors contribute to this quality reputation and apply to all Z-Saws we offer:
- Quality Materials – The Z-Saw is made from extra hardened high carbon steel containing the finest spheroid carbide (Pin Point Carbide). This steel is so uniform that the blade can be hardened to 53 - 54 on the Rockwell C scale without distortion (compared to about 45 for regular saw blades). The end result is a saw blade with superb characteristics in terms of flexibility and durability.
- "EDOME" Teeth Design – The Z-Saw features traditional Japanese Tri-Edge-Teeth ("EDOME"). This unique teeth design provides for a highly efficient cutting performance and a very clean and smooth cutting surface.
- Impulse Hardening – Although the steel blade has already been hardened to Rc 53 - 54 (hard enough for any quality hand saw) the tip of the teeth are put through an additional impulse hardening process. As a result, the teeth tips of all Z-Saws have a hardness reading of 68 – 70 on the Rockwell C scale. Importantly, this patented induction hardening method leaves the core and the base of the teeth tough and flexible. The end result is a saw tooth that has a very long edge life yet is tough and resistant to breakage. The teeth cannot be resharpened.
- Quality Control - Each saw is subject to a meticulous final inspection. The height of every cutting edge is monitored and adjusted by robot for perfect parallel edges. Any deviation exceeding 0.001" (one thousand of an inch) is corrected automatically. This is the most important factor in maintaining the Z-Saw quality reputation.